1.THE VATICAN CITY :
What makes Vatican City significant?
- Vatican City is the world’s smallest fully independent nation state . It is also the smallest by population.
- Situated on the western bank of the Tiber River,
- untill the Lateran Treaty of 1929 , which created the independent state of Vatican City for the Catholic Church. Today , nearly 75 percentage of the Vatican’s citizens are members of clergy.
- Along with centuries- old buildings and gardens ,
- the Vatican maintains its own banking and telephone systems, post office, pharmacy, newspaper and radio and television stations.It’s 600 citizens include the members of the Swiss Guard ,
- a security detail charged with protecting the pope since 1506 .
Which is the second smallest country in the world?
Located on the French Riviera , MONACO is
- Home to the largest number of millionaires and billionaires in the world.
- It is also the world’s second smallest country, with only 2 square kilometres in total land area.
- Known for its gambling and luxury goods and services industry, Monaco is favourite paly ground of the rich and famous, the formers drawn by its climate and the beauty of it’s setting and the latter by its advantageous tax regime .
Bordered by France on three sides and on one side by the Mediterranean Sea , the residents of Monaco are most French – speaking.
What are specialities of Nauru?
It has 11,347 residence in a 21 square kilometre area.Nauru is the third smallest state by area in the world.Nauru is also the world’s smallest Island in nation, the smallest independent republic, and the only republic in the world without an official capital.Nauruan is the official language, and the Australian dollar is the currency.
In the early 21 st century Nauru agreed to temporarily house hundreds of Australia – bound asylum seekers while they waited for the processing of their applications.In exchange, Australia provided millions of dollars in aid in Nauru.
FOR MORE UPDATES OF THIS SERIES SUBSCRIBE :https://www.theintimes.com/